Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Light at the End of the Tunnel...

Recently I received word that my story, Hugo: Man of a Thousand Faces (shortlisted for Midnight Echo 3) didn't make the cut.

Whilst this is disappointing, the editor did mention that he would refer the piece to subsequent editors of Midnight Echo if it doesn't find a home anywhere else. What a nice offer! You could imagine my reaction to that - I was chuffed. So even though Hugo was declined, I know it is one of my better stories and one thing I must, must do in the future is when submitting to prospective publications, submit EARLY. Who knows, if I'd gotten up off my arse and written something sooner, I may have got in.

As they say, you live and learn. I'm still waiting on a reply from my Festive Fear submission (again, another late one!) and should hear something very soon. Fingers crossed for that one.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment