Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NaNoWriMo - Day 3

Quite a reasonable output tonight - 3,065 words, making my total word count of 'Archangel' to date 6,124. I've been enjoying the writing. It's liberating writing non-stop and supressing the internal editor so my muse can run free. It's good to know that I can fix up everything later.

Some of what's coming out is rubbish but by November's end at least I'll have a workable piece of clay that I can spend a year moulding and sculpting into something with potential.

It's funny how usually writing horror, I am now experimenting with the techno-thriller and I'm loving it.

As far as the storyline goes, I've now introduced my protagonist, a retired C.I.A. NOC operative and given him a good back-story and sent him into action by allowing him to dispose of a sniper that assassinates a political figure whilst attending a funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment